Antler King Trophy Clover Mix
The highest protein and tonnage-producing clover/ chicory perennial food plot mix on the market!
- Includes four varieties of clover plus chicory
- Treated with Ultra Coat Orange for higher germination rates, increased forage yield
- Produces remarkable tonnage per acre
- Provides protein for antler growth
- Great food plot for deer, and turkeys too
- Plant spring and fall
TROPHY CLOVER MIX is a mixture of 4 perennial varieties of clover, a unique variety of chicory and a variety of rapeseed that is Antler King’s ® hardiest and longest lasting perennial mix. Trophy Clover Mix can be planted in the Spring or Fall and provide your deer herd a 30% protein diet during the Spring, Summer and Fall. If you are looking for a food plot to give the deer what they need, when they need it, this is it!
WHY TROPHY CLOVER MIX? Because it is a hardy perennial, Trophy Clover Mix can last 6 years on a single planting! Offering high protein food sources like those found in Trophy Clover Mix are critical to your herd during Spring, Summer and Fall as protein will provide the driving force behind body, bone and antler growth. More protein=Bigger Bucks and Healthier Deer. The hand selected varieties of Clover and Chicory were chosen specifically because they are highly nutritious, palatable, digestible and attract more deer and turkeys than generic clover varieties. At maturity Trophy Clover Mix can grow 2-3 feet tall and provide up to 10 tons of high protein forage per acre. For best maintenance practice, mow trophy clover down to 6-8″ once it has reached 24″ tall or begins to flower, as flowers indicate maturity. Trophy Clover Mix provides it’s highest level of protein, digestibility and nutrition when it is growing, so mowing will increase attraction. The variety of Rapeseed found in Trophy Clover Mix is present as a cover crop to help the small clovers establish themselves in year one (as Trophy Clover can grow roots as long as 24-30″), provide shade during a hot dry Summer and act as late season forage in the first year.
NUTRITION: Trophy Clover Mix is a very important part of your deer management program because it can provide 30% protein all Spring and Summer to help maximize your herd’s potential…bucks, does and fawns all require high levels of protein during the “growing season” to survive and thrive. While the 4 varieties of clover and 1 variety of chicory provide high protein and important minerals for many years they aren’t the only plants offering high quality nutrition to your deer herd. The leafy greens in this special rape variety can provide 15-20% protein and as the weather turns cold it will convert it’s stored up starches into sweet high energy sugars, triggering maturity and increased consumption in the colder months. The plant varieties in Trophy Clover Mix offer your deer herd a year round food source that will grow and thrive well into the winter months and will green up early in the Spring offering your deer herd the optimum nutrition they need all year long. Trophy Clover Mix should be the foundation of your deer and land management program. We recommend planting 1/2 of your available food plots in a long lasting, high protein perennial like Trophy Clover Mix.
- The highest protein and tonnage producing clover and chicory perennial mix on the market.
- Provides up to 10 tons of 30% forage per acre.
- Great food plot for deer and turkeys.
- Lasts up to 6 years.
- Treated with Antler King’s ® Ultra Coat Orange for higher germination rates and increased forage yield.
- Plant TROPHY CLOVER seeds less than 1/4″ deep.
- Recommended starter fertilizer is 5-10-30 or 9-23-30 or 6-24-24 at 250lbs. per acre. Use 0-0-60 after plot is established.
- pH should be between 6.2-7.0.
- Available in 1/2 acre, 3 acre and 6 acre sizes.